Closed Sicilian Defense
Closed Sicilian - why play it against the Sicilian Defense?
- The Closed Sicilian is more cerebral, more strategic than other Sicilians, but does not loose anything of the spectacular.
- You have much Less to learn than in the Open Sicilian. - About 20 times less!
- White has teriffic attacks against Black's king but Black's counter-attacks are not so dangerous.
- White castles short as does Black, so attacking on the kingside will also protect your own king.
- The Open Sicilian does not offer White more chances than the Closed Sicilian.
- The assessment of different variations do not change over night as in the Open Sicilian. You can learn a variation today and play it confidently for a couple of years.